At FinHound the safekeeping of and respect for your Personal Information is of primary importance. FinHound respects users’ rights to privacy and confidentiality and for this reason we take all reasonable measures, in accordance with this Policy, to protect your personal information and to keep it confidential.
We also voluntarily subscribe to the principles, outlined in Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 (‘ECT Act’), which govern your right to having your personal information kept private. We briefly outline these principles below:
- We will only collect, disclose, collate, process and store (‘use’) your personal information with your express written permission unless legally required to do so, and will only use such information for the lawful purpose for which it is required.
- We will disclose in writing, the specific purpose for which we use, request and store your personal information. We will also keep a record of that personal information and the specific purpose for which we collect it.
- We will not use your personal information for any other purpose, other than that which we disclosed to you, unless you give us your express written permission to do so, or unless we are permitted to do so by law.
In terms of the provisions of the ECT Act; we will disclose your personal information without your consent:
- If we are required to do so by law or a court order;
- If disclosure is in the public interest;
- If disclosure is in the Company’s interest;
- With your implied consent.
Finally, we are subject to South African data protection laws, including the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa 1996, Protection of Personal Information Act 2013, the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002, the Regulation of Interception of Communication Act 2002 and the Consumer Protection Act 2008 which we comply with fully and give the greatest respect.
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR CONSENT
You provide us with your Personal Information for the specific purpose of undertaking our matching process and identifying potential lenders based on such information. By submitting such Personal Information, you consent to our processing of such information, disclosing such information to the lenders and for such lenders to further process your Personal Information.
We may use your Personal Information for a number of things including: statistical analysis; to develop and improve our Website; to update your records; and to identify which of our participating lenders’ products or services may match your requirements.
In addition to the Personal Information you submit, we may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type – for system administration and to report aggregate information to our business partners. We may also collect information about you from outside sources such as credit bureaux and other sources.
You are entitled to request access to your information at a prescribed fee and to request that inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out dated, misleading or unlawfully obtained information be corrected, deleted or in the case of a dispute, indicate that a correction has been requested, but not made.
We share the data you submit with third parties involved in the process of providing the services you request, such as lenders, credit bureaux, customer service providers and collection agencies. You have the right to object to our use, or the use by lenders, of your Personal Information at any time by submitting a request to email@example.com. You acknowledge that any objection will prevent us from providing you with the matching service on the Website.
As part of the application process, we ask you whether we or any of our partners may contact you about our products and services by telephone, post, email and SMS (or other reasonable method). If you selected “yes” but no longer wish to receive such communications, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and change your communication preference at any time.
You may also register on the National “Opt Out” register of the Direct Marketing Association of South Africa by going to www.dmasa.org.
We may transfer your personal information to selected third parties. If at any time you wish to stop receiving such contact from a third party, you will need to follow the instructions about unsubscribing provided at that time by the third party. Please note that we only partner with trusted companies who will respect your right to unsubscribe from any such marketing communications, but we will not be responsible for managing that process or any disputes.
You agree, each time you use the Website, that we may disclose your Personal Information:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such a business or assets);
- If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case Personal Information held about customers will be one of the transferred assets).
Whenever you use this website, complete an application form, contact us electronically, or use one of the services offered by us, we will collect your personal information.
The following are reasons why we would collect your personal information:
- to identify you;
- in order for us to process your instructions, applications or requests;
- in order for us to ensure that we meet your needs, we may collect and analyse your personal information and combine all the information that we have about you to compile a profile of you in order for us to personalise and tailor our services to meet your specific needs;
- once we have collected and analysed your personal information, we may send you promotional material or details which we think may be of interest to you.
Your privacy is important to us. We will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised entities or other third parties, for their independent use, without your consent.
SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Your Personal Information is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards and firewalls to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
We recognise the need for protection and management of the Personal Information you share with us. We protect that information using appropriate encryption technology. As the Website is automated, none of our employees will have access to your Personal Information. We store data in encrypted form on computers and control access via secure web pages. We employ firewalls and other security technologies to protect our servers from external attack.
Our security systems meet or exceed industry standards.
REGISTRATION AND USER ID
In order to use the Website to identify potential Lenders you will be required to register and you will be allocated a userID and password (“UserID”). You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of your UserID and you will be deemed to have conducted all activity undertaken using your UserID.
To register with us you must be 18-years of age or older. Minors are strictly forbidden from using the service.
The Applicable Law provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall apply.
Should you have any queries, please contact us on email@example.com.